Welcome to Valley View Elementary School, Home of the Fabulous Falcons!
Valley View Elementary
5500 Danby Ave. Oxon Hill, MD - 20745
Upcoming Events at the View:
- On Thursday, March 12, 2015 we will have our Community Budget Meeting here at Valley View Elementary School. All parents, guardians, and school community are welcome. Meeting begins at 5:30pm. We hope to see you there.
- Progress Reports will be released on Friday, March 13th. There was a delay due to the inclement weather.
- PARCC testing window is from March 9th-31st for grades 3-6. It is imperative that your child is here each day for testing! Please have your child have a good night's rest each night!
- Final payment for New York Trip is March 25th
PARCC Spirit Days will be for ALL Valley View students and are as follows:
- Monday, March 16th- Students can wear a Sports Jersey or T-Shirt with their uniform bottoms.
- Monday, March 23rd- Students can wear Sweat Shirts, Sweat Pants, and Sweat Suits.
- Monday, March 30th- Students can wear their Craziest Hats or Hairdo with UNIFORM
Community Meeting for School Capital Improvements
Please help us to represent Valley View at a special county meeting on Wednesday, March 11 at 6:30pm at Oxon Hill High School (Media Center- 6701 Leyte Rd). The purpose of the meeting is to provide input on the planning process for school improvements.
PTA Campaign Pledge Fundraiser
Please support the PTA's campaign pledge fundraiser. In lieu of selling merchandise, we are simply asking student to raise funds by asking friends and family to make a donation towards our fundraising goals. We are hoping that each student will raise a minimum of $20, and the funds will be used to renovate the atrium area in the school courtyard, to include restoration of the koi fish and creating an eco classroom for students and an outdoor lounge are for our teachers. Remaining funds will be used to support the Falcon Fund Day Carnival. ***These activities are not in the school budget, and the PTA cannot provide monetary support for activities that are in the budget .
Are you the next PTA President? We will hold elections in May for the offices of PTA President, Vice-President and Treasurer. Several other committee chair positions are also available by appointment. Additional information will be forthcoming, but please begin considering a position of leadership within the PTA. Without leadership, our PTA cannot operate!
Save the Date for the following PTA Events (formal notices will be sent home soon)
- March 20th Family Movie Night
- April 17th- Spring Dance (Volunteers needed to serve food and decorate)
- May 22 Family Movie Night
Volunteering at the School
Don't forget to sign in the PTA 3 for Me log book when you volunteer at the school (in addition to the sign-in book for the school's records). Help us to reach our goal of 1500 volunteer hours for this school year!
Stay tuned for additional information, such as updates about Health & Wellness activities, the Spring Book Fair and other initiatives and events!