Last modified: 8/11/2011 2:47:50 AM
||Homework is an
opportunity for children to learn and for families to be involved in
their children's education. Below are some tips on how to support your
children with homework.
- Become aware of what your child’s teacher expects.
- Set aside a specific time and place to do homework on a daily basis.
- Turn off the television, video games and eliminate other potential
- Take time to sit and watch your children work. Then look over the
- Show an interest and use the assignments as an opportunity to talk
about what is going on in school.
- Give your child a five minute break when they are feeling
- Give your child praise and encouragement when they are doing well.
- Set routines. Consistency is important.