- First Day of School: August 23, 2010; School Hours: 7:45-1:55 (Classroom Instruction begins promptly at 7:45 A.M.)
- School Breakfast costs increased to $1.50 and will be served from 7:25-7:45 A.M. (only bus students will be allowed in the breakfast line after 7:45) Lunch cost has increased to $2.50. Student’s lunch status remains the same as the previous year until the end of September. Please be sure to complete the Reduced/Free Lunch form that will be mailed to you. If your child received free or reduced lunch last year, you still need to submit a new form. You should submit only one application per family. Once applications are submitted, you will receive an approval sheet confirming your child’s status.
- School personnel will be available to help direct students and parents, as well as provide information regarding class assignments on the first day of school.
- A student/parent handbook will be sent home on the first day of school. Please be sure to read it in its entirety. Also, please complete and return all forms that will be sent home on the first day of school.
- All students not assigned to a bus will be considered walkers. All students will be dismissed at 1:55 pm. Please make sure that you are here to pick up your child. We will start calling bus and van riders at 1:45 pm. Please make sure that you are here to pick up your child, on time. Early Dismissal ends at 1:30 pm. Students will not be released from class after 1:30 pm. Please up us keep our dismissal process smooth by honoring the school’s policy.
- School Bus & Transportation Information will come directly from the Prince Georges County Public Schools Transportation Office. Please see the website www.pgcps.org for additional information or contact transportation directly at 301-952-6570.
- Anyone picking up a student before the end of the school day must have a picture ID and must be listed on the family information card and the permission to release form. NO EARLY DISSMISSAL WILL OCCUR AFTER 1:30 PM.
Thomas Claggett E. S. P.T.A.
The PTA is here to work with the community to come up with ideas to promote a healthy learning environment for the students of TCES but this can only take place with participation from both the parents and the teachers of the students of TCES. The PTA Board is asking the parents to join and make this possible, the cost for the year is $10.00 for the first adult or guardian and $5.00 for each addition adult or guardian within the family. Donations are also accepted and appreciated.
"If It Has To Be, It's Up To Us!"
Thanks for your support!