The following timeline has been created by the Board of Education in an effort to keep the public informed about the process for selecting a new superintendent. Additional public meetings may be added. This schedule is subject to change.
July 2012 – September 2012: Research Phase – Develop the Search Plan and Information Gathering
During this phase, the Board of Education will gather information from stakeholders regarding the selection process for a permanent superintendent .A search firm will assist the Board of Education in identifying and screening candidates.
- July 16 – Official Launch of the Superintendent Search Website
- July 16 – Release Search Firm Request For Proposals (RFP)
- July 20 – Proposals on RFP due
- August 3 – Search firm Selected
- August 15 – Interim Superintendent Named
- August/September – Meet and Greet with the Board of Education & Interim Superintendent
October 2012 – Spring 2013: Public Phase
During this phase, the Board of Education will host a series of forums to gather the public’s input on the selection of a new superintendent. The search firm will seek candidates, review/vet credentials and develop a short list of potential candidates.
- November, December & January – Community-Wide Forums (Location/Time To Be Announced)
- November/December – Launch of Active Recruitment
Spring 2013 - Final Phase
During this phase, a list of candidates will be announced and interviewed.
June/July 2013 – New Superintendent Named
The new superintendent will be introduced to the community and formally installed by the Board of Education.
*Note: The timeline is subject to change.