Step Aside for that Ram Pride! Here are some of the great things Rams are doing this year...
- Head football coach Ed Shields is named the Washington Redskins Coach of the Week for September 27, 2010. Read this article for more details.
- Congratulations to Suitland's Ronald Velez, the Prince George's County Scholar of the Week for the week of Nov 20, 2010. To view Ronald's profile click here.
- Physics teacher, Ireneo Abadejos has been selected to be 1 of 20 participants at the Center for Nanoscales Systems Institute for Physics Teachers from July 11 - 22, 2011 at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY. We are proud of you!
- Phillip Fitzgerald, Class of 2007, will be traveling to Lindau, Germany to participate in the 61st Meeting of Nobel Laureates. Click here to read about Phillip's marvelous accomplishment.
- Kudos to Nicole Baden, Class of 2007, for earning the prestigious Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Fellowship. Click here to read more about her acceptance into the program.
- Congratulations to Rhoniqua Coleman for winning 2nd place in the Metro Area Business Plan Writing Competition! She received a total of $900 in prize money. She is a party planner for children's parties, ages 2 - 10, and has coordinated over 70 parties to date.
- Way to go, Suitland's Unified Track Team! They placed at the Unified State Track and Field Competition at Coppin State University. The following students all won silver medals: Gene Taylor- 100M, Long Jump, 4 X 100M Relay, Leon Inabinet- 100M, Shot Put, Deion Haynes - 4 X 100M Relay, 400M, Shot Put, Robert Hall - Shot Put, 400M, Patricia Jones - Turbo Jav, Brittany Taylor-Scott - Shot Put, Camri Clipper-Brewington - Turbo Jav, Shadeed Brownbey- 800M, 4 X 100M Relay, Travon Sweet - 100M, 4 X 100M Relay, Turbo Jav.
- Suitland is so proud of Omokuyani "Yani" Udiani! His photographic print is on display in the tunnel leading from the Cannon House Office Building to the U.S. Capitol Building. Please click here to read about his achievement. His work will be on display for one year!
- Our Dr. Ruth Rhone is putting Suitland HS on the map after being awarded a Distinguished Fulbright Award in Teaching! Her grant will allow her to conduct research in South Africa. Dr. Rhone is one of 19 United States citizens who will travel abroad through the Distinguished Fulbright Award in Teaching during 2011 - 2012! Congratulations Dr. Rhone!!!!