The Substitute Teacher Position for school year 2013-2014 is currently not posted, please check the iRecruitment website Click Here in Spring 2014. If the vacancy announcement is not posted at that time, PGCPS is not recruiting for the position.
Frequently Asked Questions about Applying to be a Substitute Teacher
|How Do I Apply to Become a Substitute Teacher?
||Apply Online (This position is not currently posted)
|Where can I access the required Teacher Insight Assessment after I have applied?
||TeacherInsight Assessment (complete after applying for the position)
|Is the TeacherInsight Assessment required?
||Applications will be incomplete until the TeacherInsight online interview is submitted by the due date on the posting.
|Can I bring in my resume or meet in person?
||Paper applications are no longer accepted.
|How will I be notified if I am eligible/ineligible to become a Substitute
||All application status updates are communicated via iRecruitment.
|I am not sure if my applictaion went through, what should I do?
||You may log into iRecruitment, the online application system, to review your application and check status updates.
Please Note: Candidates who submit incomplete information will not be considered.
Consideration may be given after successful completion of the Online Application and TeacherInsight Assessment. Application and posting periods can change, at any time, based on school system needs.
Those who meet our high standards may be offered employment by a member of Substitute Teacher Services. Offers of employment are contingent upon one being able to:
- Complete I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification Form)
- Complete a Criminal History Disclosure Form
- Be fingerprinted (required of all PGCPS employees)
- Meet all pre-employment requirements
- Attend a mandatory orientation session.
- Official college transcript(s) (must be sealed)
- Two (2) professional letters of recommendation. Professional recommendation letters should focus on recent work history and may not be more than 1 year old.