The 2014/2015 substitute teacher job announcement is currently posted. Click Here to be routed to the PGCPS iRecruitment website where you may view and apply for the position.
Frequently Asked Questions about Applying to be a Substitute Teacher
|How Do I Apply to Become a Substitute Teacher?
|Where can I access the required Teacher Insight Assessment after I have applied?
||TeacherInsight Assessment (complete after applying for the position)
|Is the TeacherInsight Assessment required?
||Applications will be incomplete until the TeacherInsight online interview is submitted by the due date on the posting.
|Can I bring in my resume or meet in person?
||Paper applications are no longer accepted.
|How will I be notified if I am eligible/ineligible to become a Substitute
||All application status updates are communicated via iRecruitment.
|I am not sure if my applictaion went through, what should I do?
||You may log into iRecruitment, the online application system, to review your application and check status updates.
Please Note: Candidates who submit incomplete information will not be considered.
Consideration may be given after successful completion of the Online Application and TeacherInsight Assessment. Application and posting periods can change, at any time, based on school system needs.
Only those applicants who meet our high standards may be offered employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon one being able to:
- Complete a Criminal History Disclosure Form
- Be fingerprinted (required of all PGCPS employees)
- Complete an I9
- Meet all pre-employment requirements
- Attend a mandatory orientation session.
- Provide official college transcript(s)
- Provide two (2) professional letters of recommendation. Professional recommendation letters should focus on recent work history and may not be more than 1 year old.