Prince George's County Public Schools uses Aesop, an automated substitute placement and absence management system.
We are pleased to announce that we will use Aesop, an automated substitute placement service that streamlines and simplifies the process of finding and managing substitute jobs in the district. Aesop replaces SEMS for web and phone-based substitute placement and absence management. After teachers register absences, substitutes can search for and accept jobs at any time. Aesop also saves data entry time by integrating with many HR and payroll systems.
Substitute teachers will be able to:
- View online training tools such as The Quick Start User Guide, The Basic Training Video and The Advanced Training Video
- Call 1-800-94-AESOP (1-800-942-3767) to search for jobs
- Search the web for jobs at https://www.aesoponline.com/login2.asp
- Change personal settings, including your phone number and pin number
- Update your work calendar
- Set custom call times
- Select and update preferred schools
- Provide feedback on job assignments
Before each assignment
Substitute teachers should obtain a confirmation number for all job assignments. A transaction is not complete until Aesop issues a confirmation number.
After each assignment
After each job assignment is complete, the system will request feedback from the teacher. Feedback is important because it helps create a star rating system in Aesop. Our goal is to have 5-star substitute teachers! Our students deserve the best and they need high quality instruction in the regular teachers absence. Substitutes will also be able to provide feedback on their classroom experience, which goes directly to the school administrator.
We are confident that you will find the Aesop experience, beneficial and enjoyable. Have a great school year!
Aesop Questions for Teachers and Administrators:
Technology Training Team - firstname.lastname@example.org