STEPHEN DECATUR MIDDLE SCHOOL
2012- 2013 UNIFORM POLICY
Stephen Decatur Middle School is a uniform school. Students are expected to be appropriately dressed in the school uniform each school day. Students must adhere to this policy with no substitutions. Only the STEPHEN DECATUR logo is permitted on the uniform.
The uniform policy is as follows:
- Tan/Khaki Pants, Skirts or Skorts (GIRLS). NO DENIM or JEGGINGS
- Tan/Khaki pants or shorts (BOYS). NO DENIM
ALL SIXTH GRADERS: WHITE Polo Shirts (long or short sleeve for both boys and girls). Black Sweater or Sweat Shirt (NO HOODIES).
ALL SEVENTH GRADERS: BLACK Polo Shirts (long or short sleeve for both boys and girls). Black Sweater or Sweat Shirt (NO HOODIES).
ALL EIGHTH GRADERS: RED Polo Shirts (long or short sleeve for both boys and girls). RED or Sweat Shirt (NO HOODIES).
**ALL UNIFORM SHIRTS ARE TO BE SOLID WHITE, RED, OR BLACK**
- Must be closed toe and rubber soled. Boots only during inclement weather. NO CLOGS, CROCKS, SANDALS or open toed shoes of any kind.
- Solid Black or White (NO Designs).
- Only Black or White Tights are allowed under uniforms (GIRLS)
- Solid dark color-blue, black, or brown (no decorations or designs). BELTS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No Hoop Earrings Larger than the Size of a Quarter.
- All shirts must be tucked in so that the belt or waistline can be seen (Non-Negotiable).
- ALL SKIRTS, sKORTS, sHORTS AND dRESSES MUST BE FINGERTIP LENGTH OR LOWER.
- No accessories allowed on self or clothing (i.e. rubber bands, ankle or wrist bracelets, decorative pins, scarves).
- ALL Back Packs and Book Bags are to be placed in lockers
- NO T-SHIRTS, HOODIES, NORTH FACE JACKETS OR THE LINING FROM NORTH FACE JACKETS ARE TO BE WORN DURING SCHOOL.