The Prince George's County School Health Council will serve in an advisory capacity to the Superintendent of Schools and the Health Officer of the Health Department and will promote research, evaluation, and planning for future developments in the school health program.
The Council has adopted the following, in order to accomplish the task of a promoting a coordinated school health program:
- To identify community health resources on behalf of the school health program.
- To promote cooperation among Prince George’s County Health Department, Prince George’s County Public Schools, and other community agencies.
- To promote public-private partnerships for school health programs.
- To act as a forum for discussion of health related problems and concerns.
- To raise public awareness regarding coordinated school health programs.
- To study policies, practices, and procedures related to the school health program and to make recommendations to the Superintendent of Schools and the Prince George’s County Health Officer.