PGCPS Summer School: Extended Learning Programs
Summer Food Service Program: Nutrition programs take over where schools leave off in the summer by providing free and healthy meals at convenient locations in our community. You can find a nearby site by visiting www.mdsummermeals.org. Put your zip code in the location search box or call 877-731-9300 to find a site near you. The meals are free to children up to age 18 who live in the neighborhood.
Summer Prep Courses
Prince George's County Memorial Library System Summer Reading Events
- Gazette Summer Camp Guide
- Girl Scouts
- M-NCPPC Summer Camps and Playgrounds | Summer Playgrounds and Xtreme Teen Centers
- Capital Scholars Summer Enrichment Camp: Offered at two locations -- Bladensburg Community Center and Glenarden Community Center. The two-week programs are scheduled for June 18-29, July 2-13 and July 16-27. Capital Scholars, Inc., offers the camp in conjunction with the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) and Prince George's County Department of Parks and Recreation. More information is available at www.pgparks.com/ or the Glenarden and Bladensburg community centers.
- NSBE Summer Engineering Experience for Kids (SEEK): The Summer Engineering Experience for Kids (SEEK) camp is a free three-week program targeting third through fifth grade students. This program will introduce students to the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields. The program is facilitated primarily by college members of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE). Teams of SEEK students will work with NSBE mentors in classroom settings to research and design hands-on activities that they will use to compete on a weekly basis during the camp. The curriculum is provided mainly by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). In addition, students will be introduced to basic concepts of engineering and have the opportunities to network with undergraduate, graduate and professionals in engineering-related fields. To apply, call 703-549-2207 or visit www.nsbe.org/Programs/NSBE-Programs/SEEK.aspx.
- University of Maryland Summer Art Camps
- University of Maryland School of Music Summer Youth Camp: Few spots open for string bass and trombone players
- 4-H Youth Development Program