WELCOME TO THE MELWOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
The "Home of the Mighty Hawks"
WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY!
WE WORK HARD AND PLAY HARD!!!!!
THE MIGHTY HAWKS
"RACING TO THE TOP IN 2013!"
FAST #1 READING: GRADES 3-6 SCORED PROFICIENT!!!!
FAST #2 READING: GRADES 3-6 SCORED PROFICIENT!!!!
FAST #1 MATHEMATICS: GRADES 3,4,& 6 SCORED PROFICIENT!!!!
FAST #2 MATHEMATICS: GRADES 3,4,& 6 SCORED PROFICIENT!!!!
Scholastic Reading Inventory for 2nd Grade 65% scored PROFICIENT OR ADVANCED!!!
3rd Grade Math Scavenger Hunt Project due May 2, 2013
***Project was distributed on April 22, 2013. Late projects will receive a grade decrease for each day it is late***
- The Math Scavenger Hunt Project should be neatly organized in a folder, with one item per page.
- Identify several mathematically related items (found around the house, in newspapers or magazines).
- List your sources. Where you found your information on each page.
- Please find the following items:
- A "Top Ten" list from a newspaper or magazine.
- A joke or cartoon about math.
- Three ads showing different prices for the same item.
- The zip code of the White House.
- A calendar page showing five Thursdays.
- A number greater than 9999 in print (newspaper, magazine, or photocopy).
- An addition problem which you make up which has at least 4 addends, each with 3 or more digits (correctly added).
- A supermarket or department store register tape with an even total.
- A nickel or dime minted in the same year.
- If you were only allowed to keep three items above, which ones would you pick and why? (Please explain your answer in 5 sentences or more).
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ASSISTING WITH ANY PTA ACTIVITIES, PLEASE EMAIL: MELWOODPTA@GMAIL.COM (ATTENTION MS. RICHLYN OPHELIA EMANUEL.) THANKS!