Student Hours - 7:45am to 1:55pm
Office Hours - 7:15am to 3:30pm
Teacher Hours - 7:15am to 2:45pm
Dr. Janice P. Hay, Principal
A Fond Farewell to Mr. Brown
As many parents and students already know, Mr. Brown is retiring after over 48 years in the PGCPS school system (45 years of that time was here at Mattaponi Elementary). Mr. Brown is a dedicated, respected hard worker that took care of and looked after all of us. The staff, students and community all wish him well in retirement and will miss him greeting us every morning.
Congratulations Mr. Brown, YOU WILL BE MISSED!!!
Attention Parents: Dos and Don’ts for 5th and 6th Grade Promotion
· Have your child at Frederick Douglass High School by 5:15 p.m.
(6th Grade – Thursday, June 5th / 5th Grade – Friday, June 6th)
· Have your child dressed according to the promotion ceremony dress code.
· Have your guests arrive by 5:50 p.m. We will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m.
· Purchase a photo of this event. The cost is $10 in cash/credit card.
· Celebrate and enjoy the event!
· Don’t hold seats for guests who have not yet arrived. Seating is first-come, first-served.
· Don’t bring any food or drinks into the FDHS multi-purpose room.
Overdue Library Books
As we near the school-year’s end, parents are reminded to ensure that overdue books are returned to the library as soon as possible. If your child has lost his/her library book, please contact the school to find out the cost for the book. All fees owed to the school must be satisfied no later than June 10, 2014. Your cooperation and support in this matter is greatly appreciated. The school would like to continue to be able to provide adequate media resources for our children.
Recruitment for Instrumental Music
Recruitment for Instrumental Music for the 2014-15 school year is currently underway. All 3rd graders and interested 4th graders not currently in the program have taken home enrollment forms. The due date is to return enrollment forms is Tuesday, June 3rd. (No report card grades lower than C for participation.)
National Association for Gifted Children
The 2014 National Association for Gifted Children Annual Convention is Saturday, November 13th - 16th at the Baltimore Convention Center. Parent Day is November 15th. Details will appear on NAGC.ORG and MCGATE.ORG
It is my expectation that students demonstrate courteous and respectful behavior until the last day of this school year. There will be consequences for students showing inappropriate behaviors in the classrooms, hallways, lunch, recess, PE, music, Media Center, on buses or at the bus stop. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Lost and Found Articles
The Lost and Found is located on the stage in the Multi-Purpose room. There are many coats, jackets, hats and lunchboxes in the Lost and Found. Please have your child check this location to retrieve lost items. All articles left in the Lost and Found will be donated on June 16th.
PTO Corner - Michelle Dunn, President
Please join us for our last PTO Meeting of the school year, as well as, my last official meeting as President, on Tuesday, June 3rd, from 6:15pm – 7:15pm. We will celebrate our departing PTO Officers, as we look forward to the election for our new officers for the 2014-2015 School Year. It’s not too late to nominate yourself, or someone you know for President, 1st Vice President, or Treasurer.
· Did you know? When the PTO gets involved, children benefit, when you get involved with the PTO the child who benefits most is yours. You can join the PTO for just $10 and make a 2-Hour Power Pledge, to volunteer two (2) hours to our school this year. Your questions, comments, and suggestions are welcomed, so please feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bully Hotline - 240-606-1425
Are you or do you know someone who is being harassed, threatened or intimidated (bullied)? Do you know someone who has a weapon, drugs or alcohol in their possession? If you answered yes to any of these questions please call the “Bully Hotline” at 240-606-1425, explain the situation and provide the name of the individual that you are reporting. Remember, you do not have to leave your name.