|Currently, the preferred browser for Ektron is FireFox and Chrome, however you may use whatever browser is installed but it may be problematic (Internet Explorer has been problematic).
- If you wish to submit a story, please click the login button above, then access the submission process here - (proceed to Step 2).
- If you wish to access the AVP Projects, please click the login above, then access the AVP Projects here.
Welcome to Ektron CMS web-editing system!
Do you need help with your website?
- Sign up for Ektron Web Training or Open Lab today! New classes have been added!
Please sign-up on ERO - Course Code for training - WebSrvs 56002, Course code for Open Labs - WebSrvs 56009.
- If you need assistance editing your website, please use this form to contact Web Services.
- If you would like to request a NEW TEMPLATE, or a brand new website, please use this form.
Please note the following:
- PICASSA WEB ALBUMS have been disabled until further notice.
- Currently you are still able to access your Picassa images, but the images will need to be migrated to Google+.
- The Help Desk will be able to assist you with Google+ . (email@example.com).
- We suggest that you use your school's email address to set up the Google+ account.
- Please contact your school-based IT Tech if you do not know the school's email account/login.
- If you received the following error: DisplayName YOURNAME already exists message upon logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with DisplayName Issue in the subject line.
Below, we have highlighted some of the exciting, new changes that have taken place. Please set aside time to familiarize yourself with them!
Changes to Accessing your website
All page editing will now take place on a staging server (http://ektron.pgcps.org) which will be uploaded to the public hourly
(see Changes to Publishing for more details).
- Login using the button "Login" above.
- To edit your page, you will need to access your website from the development server. The easiest way to ensure that you are accessing your website from the proper location, follow the links below:
- When you have located your school or office, click on "Website"*you may wish to bookmark this webpage in your browser. You should be editing with a URL of http://ektron.pgcps.org/name_of_school_or_office.
- Roll over the access point on your website and begin editing!
Changes to Publishing
We are now operating in a Staging environment and a Display environment.
You will be publishing to Staging at http://ektron.pgcps.org/login.aspx. Your changes will be published to the Display environment (http://www1.pgcps.org) automatically one time per hour on the 30 minute mark (1:30, 2:30, 3:30, etc.).
Changes to the workarea
Working with HTML Content
Choose New > HTML Content and select a language from the list. The Edit Content screen appears.
Working with Menus
Removing a Menu Item
NOTE: THE ICONS FOR REMOVE AND DELETE HAVE BEEN SWITCHED. THE RED "X" IS NOW DELETE!
- Access the View Menu screen, as described in Viewing a Menu via its Content Folder or Viewing a Menu via the Menus Tab.
- Click Remove Items ().
- Check the box next to items that you want to remove.
- Click Remove.