Welcome to the LAES Library Media Center where students will become better equipped to actively locate, critically assess, evaluate and use print and digital information resources for their academic and personal enrichment goals through technology, research and reading experiences. We hope to see you often. Please respect the needs of others and follow the rules below. If you need help, please ask the Library Media Specialist for assistance.
1) Click here to access our online catalog of books, videos and other electronic/digital resources. Remember to a) Scroll down and click on our school b) Click on the tab marked "Catalog" c) Enjoy our collection!
2) Click on the links below for tutorials on:
** Locate books/resources:
** Help with homework, projects and class work.
** Study Island: http://tinyurl.com/2co7smk
***Students who wish to use the Media Center during the school day must have an appropriately signed pass from the teacher of their current class mod/period.
***Students may not eat or drink in the Media Center.
***Students are to be quiet and actively engaged in reading; writing; research; class-work; projects; or assignments in the Media Center.
1) All students may check-out 2 books at a time for a period of 2 weeks only, with an option to extend their due dates by renewing these books through the Library Media Specialist.
2) All students are responsible for all the books that they check out. If a book is returned late, there is an overdue fine of ten cents per day charged for each book. Overdue notices will be sent to students and/or through their homeroom teachers each month. Overdue fines are not charged for school holidays, weekends, or days a student has an excused absence from school. The maximum overdue fine charged is $5.00.
3) Students are responsible for paying for lost or damaged library books.
Computer Use Policy
Students may use school computers for school work or educational purposes only. Consequences for misuse may include, but are not limited to, suspension of equipment access, confiscation of the technological device, disciplinary action commensurate with the level of misconduct, and/or legal action as appropriate. For more information about acceptable use of school computers, please read the PGCPS Acceptable Use Policy at http://www1.pgcps.org/
*** All intended printing must be approved by the Library Media Specialist before printing. Students may print only their original work contained in a Microsoft Word Document/Power Point Presentation format. Students may not print non-original work such as pages off the internet e.g. Wikipedia