|While at Kettering, students will be assigned to a guidance counselor who will help them in three major areas; academic achievement, career and educational planning, and personal and social development. The counselor may help individual students or small groups, during class visits or in other settings. Additionally, students may explore guidance and counseling issues through specially designed programs.
When working with a counselor, a student may:
- discuss concerns about life in or out of school
- explore strengths, weaknesses, interests, and aptitudes
- reflect about current responsibilities and future goals
- develop strategies to become effective personally and socially
- plan educational programs
- deal with other pertinent issues