The mission of the Judy Center is to promote school readiness for children within the Adelphi/Cool Spring community. This mission is accomplished through school system and community partnerships providing comprehensive services for children from birth through age five and their families.
READINESS FOR SCHOOL INCLUDES:
- Being physically healthy, socially adjusted, emotionally aware, and able to communicate with adults and other children from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Having awareness of print, letter, sound relationship and understanding a story
- Having awareness about animal and plant life, and people's roles in the family and community
- Being comfortable with individual creativity and an appreciation for self-expression through arts
- Being able to use and explain strategies to solve mathematical problems, understand and recognize numbers, quantity, patterns and shapes
- Learning in an inclusive environment where all children and families are welcome