Please Note: Due to Internet difficulties, the Judy Hoyer Family Learning Center in Adelphi is unable to send or receive emails. If you have any questions or concerns, please call individual departments.
The mission of the Judy Center is to promote school readiness for children within the Adelphi/Cool Spring community. This mission is accomplished through school system and community partnerships providing comprehensive services for children from birth through age five and their families.
READINESS FOR SCHOOL INCLUDES:
- Being physically healthy, socially adjusted, emotionally aware, and able to communicate with adults and other children from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Having awareness of print, letter, sound relationship and understanding a story
- Having awareness about animal and plant life, and people's roles in the family and community
- Being comfortable with individual creativity and an appreciation for self-expression through arts
- Being able to use and explain strategies to solve mathematical problems, understand and recognize numbers, quantity, patterns and shapes
- Learning in an inclusive environment where all children and families are welcome