Pre and Post Visit Materials
For each program, there are pre-visit and post visit materials available. Pre-visit materials are activities that build prior knowledge and review skills that will be used during the program. With the understanding that time is always limited, teachers may wish to review the pre-visit activities and choose the activities that best fit the needs of their students. Post visit materials are also available to continue instruction back at school. These materials are designed to enrich and elaborate on the concepts covered during the program. Most post visit materials also include an assessment that can be used for evaluation purposes.
All of the materials are stored at the Howard B. Owens Curriculum Google Site.
To access the pre and post visit materials:
1. Click on the link http://sites.google.com/a/pgcps.org/curriculum-hbosc/.
2. If you are not logged in on your computer, it will ask you to log in , use your Prince George's County login and password.
3. Click on Elementary (PreK-6), Middle School (6-8) or High School ( 9-12).
4. Click on the grade level of your program.
5. Click on the name of your program.
6. Download and print the activities that you want.
You may notice additional resources available to you such as websites, videos or PowerPoints under the pre and/or post visit materials. They can be used as further support to enrich and elaborate on the concepts taught during the program.
If you are a private or home school and do not have a Prince George's County login to access Pre and Post visit materials, please contact the main office so that a set of materials can be made available to you.