10 Questions to ask yourself as a parent:
- Have I reviewed my child’s progress reports and report cards?
- Have I accessed the SchoolMax Family Portal, regularly, to monitor my child’s progress?
- Have I called the school to set up a parent/teacher conference?
- Have I attended “Back to School Night” to meet school staff and administration?
- Have I asked my child, “How was your day at school today” or “What did you do at school today”?
- Have I spoken with my child’s Professional School Counselor regarding your concerns (academic, behavior, social)?
- Have I reviewed my child’s “agenda book” or “planner” for my child to assist him/her in being organized?
- Have I participated in making sure my child has completed homework?
- Have I notified the School Nurse of any health concerns (etc. diabetes, asthma, medications, etc.) that affect my child?
- Have I notified the school of address changes and phone number changes?
PARENTS OF HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS – Make sure that you are aware of the high school graduation requirements (course credits, community service hours and High School Assessment (HSA) information).