Finance and Treasury Operations Department
Wayne Upshaw, Director
To provide responsive and quality services, systems, procedures and internal controls for the effective utilization of financial resources in support of programs and activities which contribute to the education of children in Prince George's County.
- Develop, maintain, and operate a sound and reliable financial accounting system and corresponding procedures, including internal controls.
- Perform accurate and timely recording of financial transactions; and timely production and analysis of financial reports and statements.
- Process payments to all vendors and providers of goods and services to instructional and supporting programs accurately within a timely manner upon receipt of invoices.
- Maximize the utilization and preservation of cash assets through timely and accurate investments in accordance with the established investment policy; receipt, record, deposit, and disburse all Board of Education funds timely and accurately; and administer accounts receivable effectively.
- Maximize the protection and preservation of all Board capital assets essential to the educational process through the administration of sound and viable risk management, self-insurance, and loss prevention programs which are responsive to the needs of the school system.
- Provide quality, prompt, and courteous services to all employees of the school system, and external customers.
Functions and Responsibilities:
Financial accounting and reporting;
Payments to vendors and other providers;
Cash management operations;
Risk management and insurance.