DREW-FREEMAN MEDIA CENTER
An Inviting Place for Reading and Learning
The Mission of the Library Media Program is to support the curriculum and the educational goals of our school, help students to become effective users of ideas and information, and promote a life-long enjoyment of reading and learning.
USING THE MEDIA CENTER
Students who wish to use the Media Center during the school day, after 7:45 a.m. - 2:20 p.m must have a signed pass and an appropriately Agenda Book from the teacher of their current class mod/period.
- Sign in at the Circulation Desk, stating their purpose for the visit. .
- Students may not eat or drink in the Media Center.
Students are to be quiet and actively engaged in reading; writing; research; class-work; projects; or assignments in the Media Center
Treat library property and the property of others with respect.
- Conduct yourself in a positive manner
- Students must have a agenda book in order to check out library books.
- All students may check-out 2 books at a time for a period of 2 weeks only, with an option to extend their due dates by renewing these books through the Library Media Specialist.
- All students are responsible for all the books that they check out. If a book is returned late, there is an overdue fine of ten cents per day charged for each book. Overdue notices will be sent to students and/or through their homeroom teachers each month. Overdue fines are not charged for school holidays, weekends, or days a student has an excused absence from school. The maximum overdue fine charged is $5.00.
- Students are responsible for paying for lost or damaged library books. If a student owes a book or overdue fines to the library, their report card may be held until the obligation has been paid.
COMPUTER USE POLICY
Students may use school computers for school work or educational purposes only. Consequences for misuse may include, but are not limited to, suspension of equipment access, confiscation of the technological device, disciplinary action commensurate with the level of misconduct, and/or legal action as appropriate. For more information about acceptable use of school computers, please read the PGCPS Acceptable Use Policy at http://www1.pgcps.org/
All intended printing must be approved by the Library Media Specialist before printing. Students may print only their original work contained in a Microsoft Word Document format. A fee of 20 cents per page will be charged to cover the costs of paper and ink used.