Dr. Gladys Whitehead
Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director
301- 808- 8240 Fax: 301- 350- 0622
The primary goal of the Department is to work in support of the school system's Master Plan Goal of increased student achievement. This is accomplished by:
- Development of curriculum for comprehensive and specialty programs.
- Review and identification of instructional materials to support curriculum.
- Identification of teaching strategies most appropriate to deliver curriculum effectively.
- Provide information to parents and community members related to curriculum implementation and assessment.
- Provide a comprehensive curriculum Scope and Sequence and curriculum guides which clearly delineate essential learner outcomes for all students.
- Assess, monitor, refine, and evaluate the implementation of an effective instructional program aligned with the curriculum.
- Provide meaningful staff development through modeling, demonstrating, and presenting in-service programs that reflect research-based "best practices."
- Assist schools and teachers to identify, and acquire human and material resources to support student learning.