This award recognizes teachers who exemplify excellence in their profession. Nominees must be full-time teachers with a minimum of five years teaching experience, with three in their current school system. Recipients representing 20 school systems in the metropolitan area will each receive a $3,000 award.
Winners will be publicly announced in the March issue of The Washington Post magazine and featured in the Education section of washingtonpost.com. There will be an embargo in place until The Post publicly announces the results. All superintendents and winners will be notified when the embargo is lifted and when they are free to publicize their school systems winners.
2015 Washington Post Agnes Meyer Outstanding Teacher Award Nominees:
- Suzanne Bermpohl, Yorktown ES
- Apollo Cordon, Academy of Health Sciences at PGCC
- Sharon Dudley, Rogers Heights ES
- Dr. Selena E. Fizer, Deerfield Run ES
- Nadine Gaujean, Walker Mill MS
- Victoria Lee, Charles Herbert Flowers HS
- Angela Payne, Greenbelt ES
- Melissa Shipp, Scotchtown Hills ES
- Michelle McQuillan Thomas, Laurel HS