This award recognizes teachers who exemplify excellence in their profession. Nominees must be full-time teachers with a minimum of five years teaching experience, with three in their current school system. Recipients representing 20 school systems in the metropolitan area will each receive a $3,000 award. To download a copy of the 2014 Agnes Meyer Outstanding Teacher Award brochure, click here.
Thank you for participating in this nomination process.
2014 Washington Post Agnes Meyer Outstanding Teacher Award Nominees
- Coit Hendley III, Eleanor Roosevelt HS
- Elizabeth Norris, Laurel HS
- Abigail Lafertte, Thomas S. Stone ES
- Cathy Smith, Kenilworth ES
- Debra Perhach, James E. Duckworth ES
Melissa Shipp, Scotchtown Hills ES
- Megan Milko, Deerfield Run ES
- Normand L. Lambert Jr., Academy of Health Sciences at PGCC
Dianna Davis-Smith, Thomas S. Stone ES
- Timonious Downing, Walker Mill MS