This award recognizes principals who go above and beyond the day-to-day demands of their position to create an exceptional educational environment. Nominees must have a minimum of five years experience, with three in their current school system.
Winners will be publicly announced in the March issue of The Washington Post magazine and featured in the Education section of washingtonpost.com. There will be an embargo in place until The Post publicly announces the results. All superintendents and winners will be notified when the embargo is lifted and when they are free to publicize their school systems winners.
2015 Washington Post Distinguished Educational Leadership Award Nominees:
- Gorman E. Brown, Charles Herbert Flowers HS
- Dr. Jean-Paul Cadet, Oxon Hill HS
- Dr. Janice P. Hay, Mattaponi ES
- Gordon Libby, Green Valley Alternative
- Dr. Lysianne Essama, John Hanson French Immersion