Charters and Contract Schools Office
Last modified: 3/7/2014 12:56:26 PM
2014 PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOL LOTTERY UPDATES
Parent Notification Letters Update-Due to inclement weather,
school closings and delayed mail service, the deadline to accept Charter lottery placement has been extended to March 21st.
ANNOUNCING: 2014 Charter School Lottery Results are in....
The lottery for seats in PGCPS Public Charter Schools has been held and all valid applications have been assigned a place. To find your results, click on the link below and follow the instructions.
CHARTER SCHOOL LOTTERY******UPDATES*****
This calendar of events indicates the UPDATES and new deadlines for
the PGCPS Charter School Lottery for enrollment during the 2014-2015 school
REVISED CHARTER SCHOOL
Charter School Lottery Updates:
Due to the most recent inclement weather and school closings the timeline for
the charter school lottery has been adjusted.
The dates are:
Charter School Lottery Drawing: Feb 21st
Letters of Lottery Placement
Notification Mailing: Feb 28th (delayed due to weather and school closings)
Parent’s Acceptance of
Placements due by March 21th and
Charter School Registration to complete first round of placements
by April 4th
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ENROLLING IN A CHARTER SCHOOL
There are no attendance boundaries assigned to charter schools. Students may apply to attend any charter school of choice.
Transportation to and from charter schools is not provided by Prince George's County Public Schools. Transportation maybe the sole responsibility of the parent.
ENROLLING IN A CHARTER SCHOOL
If you are currently living in Prince George’s County but your child is not enrolled in a Prince George's County Public School, you will need to obtain a Prince George's County Public School issued student number for your child – this number is required to complete the charter school lottery application. You do not need to withdraw your child from the school currently attending in order to get this number. If you currently residing in Prince George's County Public School and your child attends a non-public school, you will need to provide the most recent report card as part of entry or re-entry into the Prince George's County Public Schools.
Getting a Student Number--- What Every Parent Should Know and Do Before Entering the Lottery!!!!
Contact the school assigned for your home address to make arrangements to obtain the student number. Your home school can be found by visiting School Finder at: http://gis.pgcps.org/schoolfinder/findschool2.asp
- Bring your child's original birth certificate and your proof of Prince George's County residence; you may use your deed, settlement papers or a lease or rental agreement to provide proof of residence;
- If you have residence other than the aforementioned please call the Pupil Accounting School Boundaries Office at 301-952-6300 for information on what documents to provide as your proof of residence);
- Inform the Secretary/Registrar that you need a student number to apply for the lottery. Remain at the school until the number is issued by the Secretary/Registrar. Use this number for application for your child to enter a Charter School;
- If your child has been home schooled, you must register with the Home Schooling Office at 301-333-1001 before entering the charter school lottery; See more by visiting: http://www.pgcps.org/~procedur/5000/5113.5.pdf.
- If your child's most current school was out of the country, you must enroll or re-enroll with the International Student Counseling Office at 301-445-8460 before entering the charter school lottery. - See more at: http://www1.pgcps.org/charters/#sthash.vJ4l2ljK.dpuf.
- More details on registration can be found by visiting: http://www1.pgcps.org/communications/index.aspx?id=147067
My child is already a student in Prince George's County Public Schools - where would I find the student number?
Look at your child's report card. The student number is a 9 digit number starting with 000 or 10. Or you can GO TO your child's school with proof of identity and request the student number.
Charter schools may implement instructional programs and curriculum standards that may be different than other traditional public schools. These schools are operated by community leaders or educational management organizations- but all are held accountable for performance standards and student achievement by the Prince George's County Board of Education.
2013-2014 PGCPS PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOLS
Disclaimer: Prince George's County Public Schools does not endorse any messages, products or services presented in the ads below.