Welcome to the Home of the Mighty Bears!
Motto: "Different Not Less"
Inspired by Dr. Temple Grandin
2014-2015 Theme: Carrying Our Able Children Higher II
Inspired by Hackman & Wageman (2005) Coaching Theory
School Hours: 7:45 AM - 1:55 PM
School Phone: 301-390-0200
Announcements: "2015 will be Exciting @ Rieg!"
- The premier Therapeutic Art Program has our "Cherubs" creating masterpieces!
- Registration for "Race for Rieg" through April 18, 2015 @ 11:59 PM!
- Join in as a sponsor! Thank You - (Chick-fila, Comfort Inn, Shady Grove; Giant Foods, LA Fitness, Lowes, Mynor & Associates, Zion Church & the Sun-Harris Family, Road Runner Sports, Wink & Pout by Kym Lee)
- Seeking volunteers for "Race for Rieg" through April 22, 2015
- Yearbooks are almost SOLD OUT! Place your order today!
- The Creation of "Our Data Story" is happening @ Rieg!
It's Raining Excitement in April @ C. Elizabeth Rieg
National Walking Day - April 1, 2015 - American Heart Association Accepted Challenge!
Spring Break - April 3 - April 10, 2015
Students of the Month Recognition - April 13, 2015
Girls Scouts - April 14, 16, 21, 23 28 & 30th - 12:30 PM/ Media Center
Central High School Interns - Tuesdays & Thursdays - 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Challenge Day Practices begins...April 16, 2015
Fantastic Friday - April 17, 2015 - Fitness Walk & Roll with students - 12:30 PM
City of Bowie's Education Committee's "Bowie Reads" project drop off site @ Rieg - April 17 - May 29, 2015
Rieg's Coffee House - April 17 & 24th - Serving coffee & pastries to bus drivers, parents & staff
Field Trip - Bowie Bay Sox game - April 21, 2015
Earth Day Activities - April 22, 2015
Reig's Prom - "Hollywood Nights!" - April 23, 2015 @ 6:30 PM
Race for Rieg 5K - LA Fitness stretch - Registration check-in @ 7:00 AM; LA Fitness Stretch @ 7:30 AM; Race/Walk begins at 10:00 AM
Fitness for 5K Race/Walk - Daily @ 2:25 PM/ Multi-purpose Room
We are committed to providing excellent service to our students and families -
February 2015 Newsletter