Science Textbook Companion Site
1. Click on the hyperlink above.
2. Select the textbok for your child's grade level.
Grade 6-Nature of Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Inside the Earth, Sound and Light, Electricity and Magnetism, Animals
Grade 7- From Bacteria to Plants, Earth's Changing Surfaces, Chemical Building Blocks, Human Biology and Health, Motion/Forces/Energy
Grade 8- Cells/Heredity, Astronomy, Earth's Waters, Weather/Climate
||Pearson Social Studies (Grades 6 and 7)
www.classzone.com (Grade 8)
Grade 6 and 7 Directions:
1. Click on the first hyperlink above.
2. Use the dropdown menu to select the state (MD) and the textbook program(World Studies-Grade 6and 7) or (History of Our World-Grade 7)
3. Select the core textbok for your child's grade level.
Grade 6- World Studies: Foundations of Geography
Grade 6- World Studies: United States and Canada
Grade 6- World Studies: Latin America
Grade 7- World Studies: Eastern Hemisphere
Grade 7- History of Our World: The Early Ages
4. Once you are on the site you will select the textbook to gain access to many activities.
Grade 8 Directions:
1. Click on the URL address above.
2. Click Social Studies, select Maryland from the dropdown menu, and Find Your Book.
3. Click on your child's book Creating America: Beginnings through Reconstruction.
4. Click the chapter that your child is currently studying in school.
5. There are many related activities including: Writing about History, Chapter Links, Crossword puzzles, Flip cards, and Chapter Quizzes.