BELTSVILLE ACADEMY NEWS
2016 - 2016 Supply List
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS: Tuesday, August 23, 2016
SCHOOL HOURS (NEW!): 8:00 – 2:40 – Students may be dropped off no
earlier than 7:35 AM
OPEN HOUSE FOR PRE-KINDERGARTEN AND
KINDERGARTEN: Thursday, August 18th
(Bring your supplies!)
PreK Class – 9:00 – 9:45 AM
PreK Class – 10:00 – 10:45 AM
– 11:00 – 11:45 AM
OPEN HOUSE FOR GRADES 1st – 8th: Monday, August
22nd. (Bring your supplies!)
Grade – 9:00 – 9:45 AM
Grade – 9:45 – 10:30 AM
Grade – 10:30 – 11:15 AM
Grade – 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM
Grade – 1:00 – 1:45 PM
7th, and 8th Grades – 1:45 – 2:30 PM
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHTS:
- PreK – 5th grades: Wednesday, August 31st at 6:30
- 6th – 8th grades: Thursday, September 1st at 6:30 PM
Congratulations Mr. Colon!
First Place Runner Up for World Languages Teacher of the Year for Prince George's County Public School
L - R: Mrs. Yumi Hogan, First Lady of Maryland, Leslie Lowe, Principal Beltsville Academy, David Colon, and Mr. John Wobensmith, Maryland Secretary of State
April 28, 2016
Our school vision is to continue building a community of excellence where 100% of Beltsville Academy students exceed proficiency standards while gaining the knowledge, skills, and character traits that will lead to college readiness, life-long learning and civic engagement.
The mission of Beltsville Academy is to provide a rigorous, nurturing and safe environment that inspires students to maximize their academic and social potential by:
- Actively promoting and maintaining the belief that ALL children have the capacity to learn at HIGH levels.
- Actively promoting and maintaining the belief that effort and confidence are the building blocks to academic success; teaching students and parents that intelligence is not an innate trait but is a result of effective effort.
- Actively welcoming and engaging parents and community members into Beltsville Academy learning experiences.
- Modeling a commitment to life-long learning by actively engaging in collaborative planning and professional development.
- Using data to drive instructional practices and decision making.
- Providing rigorous learning experiences that use the State Curriculum and Curriculum Framework Progress Guide as a baseline for excellence.
Please contact the School office if you have a change of address or will be moving to another area over the holidays.
4300 Wicomico Avenue, Beltsville, MD 20705
Phone: 301-572-0630 - Fax: 301-572-0671
Leslie Lowe, Principal
Andrew Zanghi, Assistant Principal
Ronald Creek, Assistant Principal
Jill Speigle, Assistant Principal
School Hours: 8:00 - 2:40 pm