Our school vision is to continue building a community of excellence where 100% of Beltsville Academy students exceed proficiency standards while gaining the knowledge, skills, and character traits that will lead to college readiness, life-long learning and civic engagement.
The mission of Beltsville Academy is to provide a rigorous, nurturing and safe environment that inspires students to maximize their academic and social potential by:
- Actively promoting and maintaining the belief that ALL children have the capacity to learn at HIGH levels.
- Actively promoting and maintaining the belief that effort and confidence are the building blocks to academic success; teaching students and parents that intelligence is not an innate trait but is a result of effective effort.
- Actively welcoming and engaging parents and community members into Beltsville Academy learning experiences.
- Modeling a commitment to life-long learning by actively engaging in collaborative planning and professional development.
- Using data to drive instructional practices and decision making.
- Providing rigorous learning experiences that use the State Curriculum and Curriculum Framework Progress Guide as a baseline for excellence.
Please contact the School office if you have a change of address or will be moving to another area over the holidays.
4300 Wicomico Avenue, Beltsville, MD 20705
Phone: 301-572-0630 - Fax: 301-572-0671
Leslie Lowe, Principal
Andrew Zanghi, Assistant Principal
Ronald Creek, Assistant Principal
Jill Speigle, Assistant Principal
School Hours: 8:00 - 2:40 pm
AREA 1 OFFICE
Denise Greene, Associate Superintendent K - 8, AREA I, John E. Howard
4400 Shell Street
Capitol Heights, MD 20743