The Office of Appeals exists to support and undergird the priority goals of the Prince George’s County Public Schools. The largest percentage of program operations support the Quality Schools Program Strategic Plan Goal 4: All students will be educated in learning environments that are safe, drug free, and conducive to learning. The Office seeks to provide the leadership and decision-making necessary to implement Board of Education policies and school administrative procedures related to its functions.
The Office of Appeals:
· schedules, hears, and renders decisions on many types of appeals, including expulsion requests, transfers, tuition waivers, and certain personnel issues;
· represents the Chief Executive Officer at appeals to the Board of Education;
· processes requests for rescissions of expulsions;
· reviews and decides miscellaneous appeals; and
· maintains correspondence, files, and statistics on all cases.
Note: The Office of Appeals does not process appeals of grades, short-term suspensions, 2.0 QPA waivers, or teacher or class assignments.
Staff and Contact Information: Office of Appeals
Office of Appeals
Sasscer Administrative Building
14201 School Lane
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Fax 301 952-6765